- RSS Channel Showcase 6692157
- RSS Channel Showcase 5118384
- RSS Channel Showcase 7544427
- RSS Channel Showcase 2059006
Articles on this Page
- 03/18/17--02:42: _“Eggbert”
- 03/19/17--12:51: _Geometrics and Abst...
- 03/27/17--08:47: _What’s On the Frame?
- 04/03/17--12:51: _The “What Do I Do W...
- 04/08/17--09:35: _“What Do I Do With ...
- 04/09/17--13:37: _How to Clean Your H...
- 04/11/17--03:34: _“What Do I Do With ...
- 04/22/17--12:40: _Sneak Peek – New Si...
- 05/03/17--03:15: _OHCG Annual Confere...
- 05/06/17--06:39: _“What Do I Do With ...
- 05/08/17--03:39: _“What Do I Do With ...
- 05/10/17--11:02: _“What Do I Do With ...
- 05/21/17--16:55: _Introducing – Studi...
- 05/22/17--08:30: _“A Day In the Count...
- 05/26/17--04:37: _Will You Be Joining...
- 06/09/17--12:19: _Never Say Never
- 06/17/17--04:26: _The “Poppy” Mat
- 06/23/17--09:31: _New Pastel Striated...
- 06/27/17--14:32: _Buttercup!
- 03/18/17--02:42: “Eggbert”
- 03/19/17--12:51: Geometrics and Abstracts – Timeless Classics for Contemporary Living
- 03/27/17--08:47: What’s On the Frame?
- 04/03/17--12:51: The “What Do I Do With It?” Series
- 04/08/17--09:35: “What Do I Do With It” Part 2
- 04/09/17--13:37: How to Clean Your Hooked Rug
- 04/11/17--03:34: “What Do I Do With It” Part 3
- 04/22/17--12:40: Sneak Peek – New Silks Launch at the Annual
- 05/03/17--03:15: OHCG Annual Conference 2016
- 05/06/17--06:39: “What Do I Do With It” Part 4
- 05/08/17--03:39: “What Do I Do With It” Part 5
- 05/10/17--11:02: “What Do I Do With It” Part 6
- 05/21/17--16:55: Introducing – Studio Line Silk Sari Products
- 05/22/17--08:30: “A Day In the Country” BBQ and Hook In
- 05/26/17--04:37: Will You Be Joining Us?
- 06/09/17--12:19: Never Say Never
- 06/17/17--04:26: The “Poppy” Mat
- 06/23/17--09:31: New Pastel Striated Wools!
- 06/27/17--14:32: Buttercup!
The creation of “Eggbert” requires some explanation. Friend and fellow rug hooker, Cheryl Hazelton has a particular spot in her home where she hangs seasonal pieces. It is to her credit that a few of my patterns were created due to her requests…Primitive Snowman and Something Wicked and now Eggbert. A few weeks ago, Cheryl […]
As a rug designer, I strive to create patterns that will appeal to a large variety of tastes. We all have personal preferences when choosing a pattern that will grace our homes. I have been asked several times what I create for my own […]
The post Geometrics and Abstracts – Timeless Classics for Contemporary Living appeared first on Martina Lesar.
Well a geometric, of course. I started this about a month ago after completing a large rug. I find that when I finish a large project, I need to hook something uncomplicated. It sort of “cleanses the palette” before I embark on a new project that will require thought and planning. A pattern such as this is just pure rug hooking joy….relaxing, […]
Your mat is hooked and now you may be wondering where to put it. Most people have a space in mind when selecting a hooking project but many are destined to be rolled up and stored away because it was created purely for the joy of hooking. Too many times have I heard that many […]
My absolute favourite thing to do with a hooked rug? Use it on the floor. If you have never experienced the luxurious feeling of walking on a hooked rug in bare feet then it is time you consider creating a rug exactly for this […]
My rugs are first and foremost designed to be used on the floor. In fact I have two at my front entrance which is the main traffic path into the house. We live in the country and don’t have a paved driveway so all the grit gets tracked into the house and onto the rugs. […]
Table mats! What a wonderful way to display your hooked pieces. If you are looking for a reason to hook something small then this photo is sure to be an inspiration. Debbie Pirtovsek hooked our pattern “Tristan”, a design by Sarah Skrlj, […]
It has been a very busy month here in the studio. We are in the final week before the OHCG Annual Conference and the dye pots have been simmering not stop. New textures have arrived and all have been cut, washed, folded and ready to hook. We are proud to announce the launch of our new studio line of silk […]
Another annual has come and gone but definitely not forgotten. Id like to thank the Northumberland Rug Hooking group for all their hard work and congratulate them on the success of the event. The event was well organized and the venue was big, bright and spacious. The rugs on display were incredible! I tried to photograph […]
Many hooked pieces today are incredible, intricate works of art that are not suitable as a floor mat. These mats are best viewed at eye level to appreciate the detail and fine work of the artist. Art mats can be framed or unframed. Hanging your piece on the wall is of course the most common and […]
Many people don’t hook floor rugs because they have wall to wall carpeting. In the past, it was considered taboo to place a rug on top of carpeting. Today however, it is all about layering. Done right, layered floor treatments can transform a room. This photo shows how to do it right! Simple but a […]
We have all hooked small mats that we use as trivets. Many of those little gems are stored away in drawers due to the lack of places to display them without overwhelming our homes with too many hooked pieces. A brilliant use for a small mat is a tray liner. Jane Fournie’s photo shows how a vintage hooked mat […]
I’m very pleased to announce the arrival of the new “Studio Line” of silk sari ribbon and roving. As fiber artists we are always searching for new fibers to enhance our rug hooking projects. Undoubtedly, wool is first and foremost our preferred choice when planning our mats. However, if you have been longing for something new, I invite you to […]
I am pleased to announce that we are hosting our first annual “A Day in the Country” BBQ and hook in. This free event is our way of thanking you for your continued support. If you haven’t been out to the studio, we sit on 50 acres of unspoiled rolling hills in Caledon, so there is lots of room for you and […]
Thank you to the many who have already responded. It is promising to be a very well attended event. We want you all to have an awesome and comfortable day so we need to know the final numbers before June 30th. We would love for you to join us. You can rsvp in the comment […]
I have never hooked anything in pink and have only dabbled once or twice in a pastel palette. I never decorate with it, never wear it and never create anything with pink. Pink does not live in my personal stash. Until now….I recently received a shipment of silk sari ribbon and was instantly enthralled with this beautiful blush pink. Every time I […]
When I posted this mat last week, the response surprised me. The “Poppy” mat has become the most popular item in the studio! It seems that “pretty” is making a comeback. Many have requested a kit and I have hooked enough of it to know the amounts of materials needed. This kit is not a “paint […]
Soft pastels are becoming a popular choice in the studio these days. Carla was inspired to create four new colors to add to the “Striated” collection. Pastel pink, blue, yellow and lavender are all such pretty additions to this line. In addition to the pastels, the full color selection has been fully stocked and newly displayed. […]
Finally the perfect yellow….Buttercup. I have been experimenting with dye formulations for some time now trying to achieve the perfect yellow and today I have finally created the yellow that has eluded me. It is available in three values…light, medium and dark. You can find it on the “New Arrivals” page or under “Mottled dyed […]